Fabrication and applications of multifunctional nanostructured TiO2
Pavlović, Vera P.
Pavlović, Vladimir B.
Conference object (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
Nanomaterials development is a rapidly emerging field of research with enormous potential for societal and economic benefits. In agro and food industries dimension-dependent properties or phenomena of nanomaterials may be used for various functional effects such as increased bioavailability or decreased toxicity of products, better detection of pathogens, improved food packaging materials, or improved delivery of nutrients. Since these effects may derive from altered or unique characteristics of materials in the nanoscale range that are not normally observed or expected in larger-scale materials with the same chemical composition, such changes raise questions about the safety, effectiveness, performance, quality or public health impact of nanotechnology products. In this article, we have reviewed the fabrication, properties, and selected applications of nanostructured TiO2 based materials. Special attention has been paid to TiO2 nanoparticles and nanotubes fabrication perspectives and ...applications in agriculture. We have shown that high photocatalytic disinfection and photobiological effects of nanostructured TiO2 coupled with its low price, nontoxicity, and stable performance especially provide new approaches for solving environmental pollution and pesticide residue problems in agriculture.
Keywords:nanomaterials / nanoparticles / nanotubes / TiO2
Source:Book of Abstracts / The Third International Symposium on Agricultural Engineering, ISAE-2017, 20th-21st October 2017, Belgrade - Zemun, Serbia, 2017, 44-44
- Belgrade : Faculty of Agriculture, Department for Agricultural Engineering
Funding / projects:
- Directed synthesis, structure and properties of multifunctional materials (RS-172057)
- United States National Science Foundation (NSF) / Centers of Research Excellence in Science and Technology (CREST), Grant HRD-0833184
- United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Grant NNX09AV07A
- This is peer-reviewed version of the following article: Vujančević, J.; Bjelajac, A.; Pavlović, V. P.; Vlahović, B.; Janaćković, Đ.; Pavlović, V. B. Fabrication and Applications of Multifunctional Nanostructured TiO2. Book of Abstracts / The Third International Symposium on Agricultural Engineering, ISAE-2017, 20th-21st October 2017, Belgrade - Zemun, Serbia 2017, 44–44.